Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Additional Vision Paintings

 
These few paintings were completed awhile ago, maybe a year or more, but for some reason, I neglected to post them to this blog. Now here they are.
My vision paintings are paintings of visions that I have, in dreams, or sub-conscious states.  I try to remember them when I have them, and sketch them down on paper, to be later finalized in paint.
 
Gnomes in Sentient Forest






Spiral Energy Beam






Energy Cone

 
 
 
 
 
Light Show






Energy Beam Omega







Spirits of Consciousness








Energy Field





The following paintings aren't exactly vision paintings, in that they are not based on any vision I had.
Rather, they represent a style I experiment with, of filling in the visual field with swirls and splotches of bright color, then finding faces in the jagged edges of the splotches and bringing them out with additional paint.  As such, abstract and naturalistic-looking creatures and spirits emerge.  Enjoy.

Paint Spirits I
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Paint Spirits II
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Paint Spirits III
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Paint Spirits IV

No comments:

Post a Comment